Mana Akbari, DC, BSc.H (Kin), CPT
Dr. Akbari's background as a personal trainer and advocate for active care as well as her unique approach in function and integrative therapy has allowed her to become a clinician who adopts a very individualistic approach for every one of her patients' rehabilitation and path to recovery. During her early years of school she always had a keen eye for learning the pathophysiology of pain and injury as well as proper rehabilitation. She graduated from York University with an honours degree in Kinesiology and was able to utilize that knowledge throughout her years of personal training and working with athletes. She furthered her education by successfully completing the Chiropractic program at CMCC in 2009; she continues to take her clinical expertise and knowledge to the next level by working alongside and collaborating with some of the top medical experts in the field of spinal and lower extremity pathologies.
Some of her services include:
● Manual therapy (joint manipulation/mobilization/Soft tissue therapy)treating a variety of conditions such as: Neck pain, headaches, Rotator cuff tears, Tennis/golfer’s Elbow; Low back pain, Sciatica, Knee pain/ arthritis, Achilles tendinitis, Plantar Fasciitis, Metatarsalgia, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Bursitis and Tendinopathy and much more.
● Customized stretching and strengthening exercise programs
● Bio-mechanical analysis,
● Pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation,
● Postural and muscle imbalance correction
● Low back Strengthening and Stabilization programs
● Sports and workplace injuries